Browse by Tags

All Tags » SPSource » SharePoint (RSS)
Ah, don’t you love COMExceptions?  Recently, I was adding two new site columns to a list and encountered a whole slew of errors when trying to create new items in the list.  This is the error I got when I was trying to create a custom folder...
I’ve been chasing this particular error for a little while and thought I would take the time to share my experience and how to resolve it.  The scenario I had is I have a custom content type with several custom site columns.  I generated the...
I can’t continue to reiterate how much time SPSource can save you when it comes to exporting existing lists into usable features, but I found one minor thing to look out for when you are exporting lists.  Usually, you can take just about whatever...
This week, I needed to deploy lookup columns to some of my lists and as usual I wanted to avoid writing code at all costs.  As some of you may know, Kyle Kelin and I debate this topic often as he prefers a code approach.  I figured it had to...
If you pay attention to twitter at all, today you might have heard about a new tool on CodePlex called SPSource .  SPSource is a tool that reverse engineers existing Content Types, Site Columns, Lists and more on an existing SharePoint site. ...
with no comments