My first Service Pack 1 (SP1) installation experience (since release) went fairly smoothly. I mentioned one minor issue you will see already during the install if you have Visual Studio installed. However, this issue next issue took me a bit longer to fix. When I went to open the PowerPoint Service Application, I was greeted with an error.
The given key was not present in the dictionary.
Thinking that was weird, I went and decided to delete my PowerPoint Web App Service Application and recreate it. The new one worked fine but I was still having an issue. When I tried to view a PowerPoint document in the browser, the document would never open and my CPU would spike to 100%. I immediately remembered this issue because it occurs when you run Office Web Apps on a domain controller. You have to run the following script to allow it to work.
Get-SPPowerPointServiceApplication | Set-SPPowerPointServiceApplication -EnableSandboxedViewing $false
Get-SPPowerPointServiceApplication | Set-SPPowerPointServiceApplication -EnableSandboxedEditing $false
I’m not sure why my original PowerPoint Web App Service Application wouldn’t work, but it you encounter this issue, try recreating it and then make sure you run the PowerShell script if you are running on a domain controller.